We always welcome anything that helps reduce a carbon footprint on the environment. That is why we love cork!
Here are 10 reasons why you should too:
- It’s durable and lightweight.
- Its sustainable. When it is harvested, the trees are not cut down nor damaged. In fact, Trees that are harvested have a lifespan of over 200 years.
- It’s recyclable without producing any toxic residue and biodegradable.
- Cork involves a process that needs less non-renewable energy resources for its production.
- It’s water and stain resistant.
- Each cork is one of a kind with an array of colors and patterns.
- Cork has a suede texture which means that it can act as an alternative to leather.
- It is fire resistant. The thick bark adds a barrier against the heat.
- It’s versatile. From flooring to wine stoppers, cork is a material that can be altered into a variety of uses.
- Cork forests are a biodiversity hot spot in which they hold homes for over 135 plant species, 42 bird species, and many other creatures that are endangered.
Here are some of our products that can help describe cork as sustainable and chic:
Ivory Crossbody Bag
As always happy shopping!
Digital/Social Media Intern
Anonymous. (2017). Save a Tree – Use Cork!. Retrieved from https://www.bangorcork.com/cork-uses-6673
Anonymous. (2017). Why We Love Cork. Retrieved from http://www.cortizza.com/why-we-love-cork/
Anonymous. (2014). Good for the Environment. Retrieved from http://100percentcork.org/why-cork/good-for-the-environment/